How To Answer 15 Common Job Interview Questions


How To Answer 15 Common Job Interview Questions 

Got a job interview coming up? Here are sample answers to 15 common job interview questions, to inspire you! You can use these answers as templates and customize them with the specific details that suit your situation. The job-seeker in our example is interviewing for a Call Center Supervisor position.
Why do you want to work here?
I reached out to you because I read a story in the Herald-Gazette about your new call center opening up. I’ve been doing call center management for six years and I love it. I got one of your products as a gift at Christmas last year and I became an instant fan!
What was your last salary?
I’m focusing on jobs that pay in the $55K range, which is the prevailing salary around here for Call Center Supervisors with a few years of experience. Is that in line with your target range?
What’s your greatest weakness?
I used to worry a lot about my weaknesses, and I would have told you a few years ago that I was working to get better at numerical analysis and spreadsheets — the ‘quant’ side of business.
As I’ve gotten older I’ve realized more and more that I need to focus on my strengths and worry less about things that I’ll never be great at, like creating Excel spreadsheets. My strengths are in the areas of mentoring and leadership, team-building and interpersonal problem-solving — at least, that is what people tell me!
What’s your greatest strength?
The reason I got into call center supervision is because I like to teach people tricks and ideas that make their jobs easier and more fun. I love supervising. I’ve been told it’s a strength of mine. It’s pretty satisfying to inspire people to try things that at first they think are hard. You get to see them gaining confidence, and that’s a wonderful thing!
Why did you leave your last job?
It was time to go – I had learned a lot, but then the learning slowed down dramatically and it was time for me to take another step in my career.
With all the talented candidates, why should we hire you?
Meeting you for the first time today it would be tough for me to say “You should hire me!” You’re going to make the right hiring decision for you and your team. I can tell you that I’m passionate about customer service, I care about my team members and about hitting my goals and I’m drawn to your company because of your mission and your excellent reputation.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
I’ll have learned a lot by that time that I don’t know yet. Career-wise I’m pretty confident I’ll be leading a team because that’s what I’m best at and what I like to do. I’m very interested in international business so perhaps as your company grows I’ll jump at an international assignment if I’m on your team five years from now. How about you?
What’s your greatest accomplishment?
I worked full-time throughout college which was pretty grueling. I was head-down for four straight years and working full-time every summer but I got my degree and I kept up a good GPA. Through that experience, I learned how to manage my time and juggle priorities and now it’s second nature.
What do you bring to our team?
I launched a brand-new customer service function at Angry Chocolates and designed every procedure, script and customer message, so I have a good understanding of how the pieces fit together. So far I haven’t run into a customer who was so unhappy or frustrated that between me and my co-workers we couldn’t turn them around. One of the biggest satisfactions for me in customer support is when someone calls up really angry and you calm them down and they end up buying more. That’s a big win!
How would you dive into this job? What would you tackle first, second and third?
I’d be very influenced by your priorities of course but I would expect to spend the first couple of weeks getting the lay of the land, meeting the team and understanding where you are right now in your hiring and training of call center agents.
I’ll dive into learning your products and pricing and understanding the flow of operations here, and then at about the three-week mark I’ll give you my proposed plan and timeline to review. That plan will include my goals for the first 30, 60 and 90 days and my hiring plan and budget. How does that mesh with your expectations?
What do you know about our company?
I know that you manufacture zircon-encrusted tweezers that are sold online and in drugstores and department stores, that you’re doing about $40 million in annual sales and growing fast, and that you’re about to open a new call center here in Montana. I know you were founded 15 years ago and that you’ve got a new CEO. How is the new CEO’s arrival changing things here?
What other companies are you interviewing with?
I’m in an active job search ever since I left Angry Chocolates, and I’m at different stages of conversation with different companies so that information is in the vault but I’m very interested in this opportunity as well, of course — I’ve probably made that clear by now!
How do people describe you?
My last boss, Marjorie, would tell you I’m somebody she can rely on when there’s something important that has to get done. My workmates at Angry Chocolates will tell you I keep my cool under pressure. You’re probably forming an opinion about me right now – what’s your impression?
What questions do you have for me?
I’m curious how your call center will support your two distribution centers in this region. Will your call center folks here take calls from all over the country, or just this region? I’d love to know more about your hiring process for call center agents, and how they are trained.
When can you start?
I can start two weeks from Monday if we come to terms. What does the rest of your recruiting process look like?

for more jobs @ www.careercentre.com.my
Jawatan Kosong
Job Malaysia
TVET

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »